A born-and-raised Austinite solving design challenges at SolarWinds.
For years I've been moving towards becoming a designer without realizing it.
Looking back to my undergraduate studies at UT Austin in 2013-2017, my major was economics because I enjoyed studying people. It's unsurprising, then, that I minored in psychology.
I got the opportunity to apply business strategy as a mechanism to improve people's lives while working as a Salesforce.com consultant for two years at SaaS Consulting Group. This taught me many valuable lessons about business strategy, conducting user testing, and teamwork.
The power of design truly became apparent to me when it was time to update documentation templates. To streamline the documentation-creation process, I worked with a project manager to identify current pain points and devise a solution. It was really striking (and exciting!) to bring the new designs to life and see them in use across the company.
Laid-off because of Covid-19 economics, I decided to focus on UX design because it's an outstanding marriage of technical and creative work. Not to mention that empathy is commonly listed in job descriptions! This alignment with my personal values made it easy to bury myself in study of UX design.
Starting in April 2020, I began devouring books and online resources, completing 11 Pluralsight short courses, five books, and Filament Lab’s UX Design Masterclass, for which I earned a completion certificate.
To gain experience, I completed a combination of personal projects and working with small business owners, June-Present. Please check out my projects on this site!
Apr 2021 – Present
Apr 2020 – Present
• Collaborated with small business owners on two distinct product development projects to identify job-specific user stories and journey maps.
• Facilitated four user testing sessions and summarized user research and insights to create three personas.
• Gathered feedback to iterate quickly using sketches to establish information architecture.
• Adapted prototypes from low to high fidelity with the latest design tools, including Figma, to refine seven-screen wireframes into interactive, pixel-perfect mock ups.
• Conducted a self-directed redesign of local nonprofit’s key webpages, applying a five-step UX design process to create a more effective, simple, and elegant interaction.
Jan 2019 – Apr 2020
• Active liaison between NetSuite and customers, constructing company-specific interpretations of technical release rollouts.
• Proactively began value discussions around customer needs to evaluate product fit and upsell opportunities.
• Oversaw customer contract renewals to validate licensure and ensure accurate communication with NetSuite.
Jan 2018 – Apr 2020
• Conducted requirement scoping with business leaders to hone Salesforce Lightning platform configuration requirements in accordance with best practices.
• Designed, configured, and deployed Salesforce business process automation to streamline operations and reporting.
• Prepared, conducted, and documented successive sessions of user acceptance testing.
• Configured new Salesforce instance for subsidiary of 500+ employee organization, including profile and security setup, email integration, and reporting. Performed dozens of account data loads to keep customer information up to date.
Sep 2017 – Jan 2018
• Completed training, quizzes, and projects on the Trailhead learning platform, earning 16 badges.
• Executed self-paced learning of standard Salesforce.com functionality before transitioning to the role of full-time consultant.
Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
• Facilitated and led information sessions of 20-35 potential branch managers per week.
• Managed team of recruitment representatives to organize 8 interest meetings per week.
• Recruited and interviewed 12 company hires.
Jan 2015 – Sep 2015
• Hired and trained more than five employees, including management of work crews through the completion of projects.
• Designed and implemented marketing plan, which reached the doorsteps of over 2000 households, resulting in a branch revenue exceeding $65,000.
• Responsible for production management, customer relations, and quality control.